[Qgis-developer] Qwt now required?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:33:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Charlie Sharpsteen <chuck at sharpsteen.net>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Sorry I forgot to mention this in the original email, but I'm actually
>> building from source on RHEL 5.5, and I'm running into the issue when trying
>> to configure the build process with ccmake during the initial setup.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Ahh... I think QWT has always been required---at least since I started
> building QGIS from source at version 1.6.
>
> -Charlie

I've built 1.0 and 1.5 without QWT, so I'm guessing that it became required
in 1.6.

In the release announcement of 1.6 ( http://blog.qgis.org/node/146 ), it
states "Replaced raster histogram implementation with one based on Qwt", so
I'm guessing that that might be where the dependence came from. It's kind of
unfortunate that it became a required dependence for such a small addition,
but apparently that's the case and I'll just have to get it installed on all
my machines before upgrading to 1.7.

Thanks,
Dave