[Qgis-developer] Re: forum.qgis.org

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Jul 19 05:50:54 EDT 2011

Hi

Just my 2c:

- +1 for moving wiki into redmin if Otto is agreeable
- Regarding joomla logins - we dont really encourage community logins
/ commenting on posts etc on the joomla site so I would not worry
about spending time on it (for ldap integration I mean). Ultimately I
would like to discard joomla and use our Django infrastructure to do
the content management. Then we would really only be managing two web
infrastructures: redmine and django. But that is something for the
future.
- Regarding the forums I would alos like to get rid of it but have
also come across people in Real Life who have found them (and Anita,
forum Queen :-) ) to be extremely helpful in getting started. I would
suggest to make the forums read only with a big banner asking them to
post to stack exchange rather as an interum solution. Also the fine
folks from the Russian FOSSGIS community (Maxim et al) have offered to
maintain the forums for us if needed.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services