[Qgis-developer] Re: forum.qgis.org

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 05:35:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Maxim Dubinin <sim at gis-lab.info> wrote:

> How can you divert all these people to SE which has stunning 131
> topics tagged with QGIS? Compare it with 3767 topics on the forum.

 If SE had existed from before the forum, it would now have 3767 topics :)

> If  you think SE is much better - ok, let it outrun forum, so that the
> latter will die out gradually.

 +1 - I'd prefer persuasion to compulsion. Perhaps the forum should
advertise SE for a while, as an alternative, and maybe even suggest
posting to both to see how the response time and quality varies?

 The R statistics project is currently going through this sort of
thing - only instead of a forum the main source of questions is a
1990-s era mailing list :) No images, no proper threading... euurgh!

Barry