[Qgis-developer] qgis.org ssl login

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Sun Jul 24 14:46:03 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,

Am Sonntag, 24. Juli 2011, 00.21:00 schrieb Alex Mandel:
> So I've been thinking over the whole SSL thing and based on someone's
> email to osgeo I think I've found the best compromise solution.
>
> We can get a free cert from http://cert.startcom.org/
> It would be used to secure logins (all logins would be https) on the
> various *.qgis.org sites.
>
> Better than a self signed cert and cheaper than a paid cert but works
> just as well for something as simple as logins.
>
> I'd be happy to set it up but's its probably better if someone on the
> PSC actually signs up for the account on Startcom website.

Startcom checks domain ownership by sending a mail to postmaster at gis.org or
webmaster at qgis.org. Who is receiving these mails? I've sent a test mail a few
days ago and got an error message from google for one of them. MX for qgis.org
is google.com.

Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions