[Qgis-developer] Re: 1.7 release... ?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jun 2 18:23:03 EDT 2011

Hi All

Ok I will do the call for packaging this weekend. I would like to take
one more try at the redmine migration on friday night. I successfully
did it on my desktop pc today so I think it will work ok on the server
- I just need to get a fresh dump from Chris Schmidt tomorrow.

Regards

Tim

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:
>> Oh!  Angry users! Sounds bad :-) At least they are angry for the right
>> reasons (an insatiable appetite for new QGIS releases) :-). Borys
>> there is nothing really stopping us releasing now in my book, except
>> that we wanted to try to have trac migrated to redmine as Juergen
>> mentioned. I spent some time on it but havent had the time needed to
>> sit and really get it working. While work has been continuing on
>> master branch we have been applying fixes from trunk also to the
>> release branch so in effect its just getting better and better while
>> it waits. If others agree we can postpone the redmine shift for after
>> the release and I will go ahead and put out the call for packaging.
>>
>> Please cast your vote:
>>
>> - release now
>> - wait for the redmine migration
>
> Waiting seems reasonable of course, however actually I don't see really big
> advantages if the branch waits, and the trunk doesn't :-) We will have to
> migrate the trunk anyway.
>
> +1 for release now, thought I don't insist. They aren't armed :-)

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net