[Qgis-developer] Embedding of layers and legend groups from other projects

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Jun 7 12:48:01 EDT 2011

Hi devs

Recently, I implemented support for embedding layers and legend groups from
other project files. Like this, it is no longer necessary to repeat legend
arrangements. Just embed groups and/or layers from other project files as
references (Layer->embed layers and groups, then select a project file and mark
the entities to embed). The reference can be absolute / relative depending on
the project setting.

The code is contained in my github clone (git at github.com:mhugent/Quantum-
GIS.git). I'm planning to do some testing before pushing to the main repo. If
you have some feedback, let me know.

One issue that I'm already aware of is the problem to embed several groups
with the same name. Solution might be to generate a unique group id (similarly
to the layer id), but this does not work for referencing old project files.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland