[Qgis-developer] Embedding of layers and legend groups from other projects

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 13:58:50 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Duarte Carreira <DCarreira at edia.pt> wrote:
> Is this a coincidence?? Just last week we discussed this in #qgis and spacedman started a python plugin for this same functionality... it's great it's done already! I offer myself to test if you'd like... if I can get my hands on a compiled version that is.

 Yeah, I just finished a pretty simple python plugin that basically
reads <maplayer> entries from a .qgs project file XML, then puts them
in a Qt table with the basic info (type, geometry, datasource) and a
check box. Check the layers you want, and they get loaded into Qgis.

 Doesn't handle groups (havent tried it with project files with
groups...) or anything else really... But it does load the layers in
with the styling.

 A simple extension would be to load all layers from a plugin in a
kind of 'include project' option.

Barry