[Qgis-developer] Embedding of layers and legend groups from other projects

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 05:38:36 EDT 2011

 Because I only wrote it yesterday :)

> Whereas it sounds the plugin loads the layers from other projects (therefore
> copying those layer settings to the current project). Advantage here is that
> it is independant (no dependencies on external projects that could be removed
> or changed).
>
> Depends on the use case which one to prefer.

 Yes, it looks like it. Some people might want to have a library of
'base map' projects which other people reference as inclusions via the
core code, others might just want to pull some layers out of their own
projects with my plugin to save them having to find the source and set
up styling. Win win :)

 I suppose I should use this plugin of mine as an excuse to work out
how the new Qgis plugin repo system works...

Barry