[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Jun 12 17:23:56 EDT 2011

Hi All

Along with the release announcement which I will send out this week (I
am just holding off while we try to figure out why windows rasters are
rendering funny - http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3867) and while we sort
out some other admin related things. Along with the release
announcement, I want to include in the release announcement a mention
of the huge updates we have been doing in the project infrastructure:

- Alessandro's new plugin manager site http://plugins.qgis.org
- The snippets site http://snippets.qgis.org
- The new users site http://users.qgis.org
- The new planet site at http://planet.qgis.org (let me know if you
want your blog added).
- The move to redmine with project hosting for 3rd party plugins
http://hub.qgis.org
- And of course the shift to GIT

If you have time, could you take a moment to test these sites by:

- Upload any plugins you want to share to the http://plugins.qgis.org
(Alessandro has made a big push to get everything ready over the last
week)
- Try posting some useful snippets (python or C++) to http://snippets.qgis.org
- Add yourself to the users map at http://users.qgis.org
- Add your plugins to hub.qgis.org if you need them hosted in a git repo
- Resyndicate the planet blog to appropriate places
etc.

It would be great to have some good content in these sites and also to
know that they are working well when we open the floodgates.

There are still a number of items to sort out in the shift to redmine.
Pirmin has updated all ticket -> commit references and setup syncing
for the QGIS repo browser which was probably the most urgent thing
needed. Other todo items are listed at
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-redmine - we will try to tackle them
as we get the time.

Hopefully the teething pains will be few as we get up and running with
all these nice new facilities.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services