[Qgis-developer] Preparing for the release announcement

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 02:47:42 EDT 2011

> What version of GDAL are you using? I can't replicate it under linux
> here (but I have a svn trunk build of gdal).

it happens if I just add the nightly build repository (to install
trunk), so using gdal 1.6.3 available in of the Ubuntu repository.

It happens also if I add the ubuntugis repository and then install gdal
1.8 (compiling QGIS trunk myself against gdal 1.8). But If I install
qgis 1.6 available in the ubuntugis repo (compiled against gdal 1.8)
then no issue.

I tested the same gdal libraries to render rasters with other
applications, like mapserver and had no problems whatsoever. So my guess
is that the issue is in QGIS.

This is more or less the same it happens under Windows.

cheers

-- Giovanni --