[Qgis-developer] Integrating OSSIM with QGIS

MALIK Julien julien.malik at c-s.fr
Mon Jun 13 10:34:10 EDT 2011

Hello

>> (4) In OSSIM we have a concept of image chains and connectable
>> objects. You can wire up all kinds of filters and equations into a
>> workflow to create an output image. The image chain can be
>> represented using an array of key value pairs. Does the provider
>> interface provide a mechanism for passing this type of information?
>
> The concept of chains should be included in
> https://github.com/polymeris/qgis/wiki/QGIS-Processing-Framework in my
> opinion. So that chains can be created using data and tools from
> various providers and packages.  Or at least, the framework should be
> designed so, that it will allow later addition of chains on some upper
> level.

As a first step, it will be interesting to know how the independent
ossim processing modules can fit into the processing framework which
is currently being built.
The OrfeoToolbox has a similar pipeline concept which would be nice to
make available from the framework. Having another software with the
same need will be valuable, if not mandatory, to build the proper high
level interface for this concept.
Also, are you aware of http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/GsocPyOssim ?

Regards,
Julien