[Qgis-developer] From QGIS --> QGIS Mapserver--> Openlayers and Back

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 14 03:11:03 EDT 2011

 Hi,

 I am not sure I fully understand the question. As Mayeul stated, QGIS
 server always renders the live data, directly from the database. There
 is no pre-rendering or caching involved. If you are looking for a
 proxy/caching solution, you could try the Map-proxy open source project.

 Or are you looking for an offline vector data storage that a webclient
 can use, edit and sync back in at a later stage? If yes, then I don't
 think there is a solution yet. You may want to experiment with SQLite in
 the webbrowser, but at the current stage neither QGIS server nor QGIS
 webclient is of help for that.

 If you are just looking for a QGIS server that you can use to
 experiment from a WMS client, you can use the services from
 http://gis.uster.ch/ (see links to GetCapabilities files).

 Andreas

 On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:44:13 +1000, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has someone implemented this already using QGIS.qgs (project),(i.e.
> map style and layers, etc.) into QGIS Mapserver and Openlayers?
>
> It seems Andreas Neumann has done QGIS Mapserver + Openlayers with
> ExtJS for visualisation of data i.e pre-rendered vector layers.
>
> Is the data for the QGIS Mapserver comes from the QGIS project
> (*.qgs)?
>
> http://gis.uster.ch/webgis/
>

> http://gis.uster.ch/webgis/production/index.shtml?map=/home/www/projekte/av/grundplan_av.qgs&format=image/png&visibleLayers=Raumplanung,Nomenklatur,Fixpunkte,Geb%C3%A4ude,Grenzen,Einzelobjekte,Bodenbedeckung,Liegenschaften%20Fl%C3%A4che,Einzelobjekte%20Unterst%C3%A4nde,Einzelobjekte%20Unterirdische%20Geb%C3%A4ude
>
> Right now, I have ipad app (i.e. jQuery Mobile + OpenLayers)  and
> like
> to connect to QGIS Mapserver. Any QGIS Mapserver that I can use, just
> for testing?
>
> At the moment, I want to do are:
>
> 1. Sync back my openlayers traces and drawings into remote database -
> spatialite and or Postgis using WKT.
> 2. View vector traces  in QGIS desktop.
>
> Noli

 Andreas Neumann