[Qgis-developer] QGIS Web Client: layer visibility bug?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 14 05:40:11 EDT 2011

 Hi again,

 The layer-tree js code is a bit of a mess. It is patched and patched
 from different sources. Unfortunately, Extjs does not provide a tree
 widget with checkboxes that works out of the box ;-( So I am sure it
 contains bugs. I have to admit that I do not fully understand the
 js-code of the layertree. So if you know of a better ext component as a
 replacement for the layer tree, please let me know.

 There is also a pending feature in QGIS server that should allow to
 retrieve layer visibility from the GetCapabilities XML document, thus
 eliminating the need to manually set layer visibility.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:04:40 +0200, Niccolo Rigacci wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> May be there is a bug in the visibility checkbox (source code
> checkout 2011-05-19).
>
> If a layer is at the top level of the project (i.e. outside of
> any group), it will be visible when ALL the visible checkboxes
> are off.
>
> If you turn-on just one of the other layers, it will be correctly
> visible/unvisibile.
>
> Or is it a feature?
>
> If someone confirm it is a bug, I will open a ticket.
>
> Here it is a demo (qgiswebclient code checkout 2011-05-19):
>
> http://www.faunalia.it/ws_demo/qgiswebclient/qgiswebclient.html?map=qgis-ms-demo.qgs

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)