[Qgis-developer] Python: groups in QgsLegendInterface()

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue Jun 14 15:14:52 EDT 2011

Hi Marco

I realise I've been very slow to reply.  Thanks for the pointer to this .. I see that you are using the same approach, basically the group id is the index of the group name in the groupLayerRelationship() list.

This seems to work, but from an API point of view it does seem very indirect.  I haven't looked at the underlying code but I'd have thought it better for groups to have a unique id in the same way as layers, and to be able to use this to assign layers (and other groups?) to groups.  Not something I have time to consider at the moment :-(

Thanks
Chris