[Qgis-developer] Ellipse renderer

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Jun 17 15:51:47 EDT 2011

Hi

I think it is fine to introduce API changes as long as you don't need
your changes to enter into the 1.7.x releases. We are going to break
API with remove of old symbology and old labelling and deprecated API
elements anyway so if there ever was a good time to break (hopefully
with improvements) API it would seem to me this is it.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.
>
>> I am wondering whether it would not be possible to abstract the
>> functionality of simple / categorized / graduated renderers into some
>> reusable code and thus keeping the symbol layers simple...
>
> Well, with the suggested changes, the existing symbol layer classes are
> unchanged.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
> Am Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011, 13.54:56 schrieb Martin Dobias:
>> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Marco Hugentobler
>>
>> <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
>> > Hi QGIS devs
>> >
>> > Recently, I was writing a symbollayer to render ellipse shapes (and also
>> > rectangles, triangles, crosses by specifying width and height). Moreover,
>> > the symbol layer allows to set all parameters (width, height, colors,
>> > rotation, outline with) from data fields, in mm or map units.
>>
>> Hi Marco
>>
>> I would be happy to look at and discuss the changes, but I will not be
>> able to do so until the end of June.
>>
>> I am wondering whether it would not be possible to abstract the
>> functionality of simple / categorized / graduated renderers into some
>> reusable code and thus keeping the symbol layers simple...
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>

> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Churerstr. 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland
> marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net