[Qgis-developer] URI

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:04:44 EDT 2011

Hi,
after the long discussion when we clarified how to manage URIs well, I
have enabled drag-and-drop from QBrowser to QGIS using the 1) minimal
solution, because of total lack of time. I take the ideas still into
account and I'll return to that later. The feature seems to me quite
important and useful to wait too long for QgsDataSourceURI etc.
Current implementation is quite simple and does not introduce any API
which should have been changed in future.

You can drag layers from QBrowser to QGIS legend except WMS, because
it still does not support encoding all data in URI. There can be a
little difference in default layer labels between d'n'd and standard
dialog, because d'n'd is using QgsDataItem::name() and standard
dialogs may use a different name.

If I get time today I'll try to add also WMS.

Radim