[Qgis-developer] QGIS Mapserver GetMap VERSION parameter

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 20 02:37:38 EDT 2011

 HI Pedro,

 Are you sure this is really a problem? Any special reasons why QGIS
 server should refuse to deliver GetMap when the version parameter is
 omitted? Are there any interoperability problems with it?

 To me it seems that QGIS server is just more tolerant here - and I
 personally do not care. But there may be reasons that I am unaware of.

 Andreas

 On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:39:33 -0700 (PDT), Pedro Venâncio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found that there is something that is not well in QGIS mapserver,
> because in the GetCapabilities response appears the version 1.3.0:
>
> However, if you make a GetMap request in the browser, it responds
> even
> without the VERSION parameter. This is strange, because this is a
> required parameter of the GetMap operation, and should launch an
> exception indicating the missing parameter, but instead the browser
> returns the map normally.
>
> The request I am making is this:
>

> http://localhost/cgi-bin/teste_qgismapserver/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=WMS&LAYERS=perigosidade_rgb&STYLES=default&SRS=EPSG:20790&BBOX=283823,414006,290611,418260&WIDTH=600&HEIGHT=600&FORMAT=image/png&EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_xml
>
> and the answer, regardless of whether or not the VERSION parameter,
> is
> the image attached.
>
> This is not strange?
>
> (I am using Ubuntu 10.04).