[Qgis-developer] QGIS Mapserver GetMap VERSION parameter

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jun 20 05:11:25 EDT 2011

Hi Pedro

QGIS server is intentionally more tolerant than the standard. Because it
officially supports version 1.3. However, most clients use 1.1.1 or even a
different version. Therefore, QGIS server replies to all versions (with a few
slight changes if 1.1.1). In general, this works well.

With a strict version check, most clients would just see a 'version not
supported' exception.

Regards,
Marco

Am Montag, 20. Juni 2011, 10.36:14 schrieb Pedro Venâncio:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> For me, as a user, this is even good! However, as the standard states that
> the VERSION parameter is required, I thought this could be a server
> glitch.
>
> Like you, at first sight, this does not seem a problem to me, quite the
> opposite, but there may be some inconvenience, since it does not conform
> to the standard.
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland