[Qgis-developer] Sponsoring Development.

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 20 18:45:03 EDT 2011

On 19/06/2011, at 15:38 , Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 18/06/2011 alle 20.53 +0800, Ramon Andinach ha scritto:
>> Hello all (developers and non-developers both),
>> Consider this a reaction to "have you considered sponsoring development". From a non-developer. Who is still trying to understand how the sponsoring development idea works.
>
> Hi Ramon.
> I appreciate your thoughts; the proposed route seems to me rather
> complex to implement, but if you think you can manage it, I do not see
> anybody stopping you.
> Let's work out a modus operandi.
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

I totally agree it's complex.

I think most of the complexity comes from trying to get around the "I can get money out of the boss easier if he knows what the cost is", against the "we don't know until we start" part of the problem. If as Tim suggests most of the developers are willing to provide a number up front, then most of the complexity just disappears.

-ramon.