[Qgis-developer] Re: Developing a custom PyQGIS desktop application

Bob English bobengl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:53:03 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Paolo Cavallini [via OSGeo.org]
<ml-node+6492362-1264153672-253202 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 18/06/2011 alle 06.19 -0700, Bob English ha scritto:
>
> I think most people (including myself) prefer to go the other way round:
> adding functionalities to QGIS through plugins, rather then building ad
> hoc apps.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your reply.  In my case, the specifications call for an
interface that includes only the functions needed by the users.  As
far as I know, someone needs to be running the full GUI of QGIS in
order to use a plugin.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  Also, most
of the plugins I have used are focused on providing one added
functionality to QGIS.  Can you point me to some plugins that are more
complex?

Thanks again,
Bob

--