[Qgis-developer] QGIS vs gvSIG

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 04:50:30 EDT 2011

2011/6/23 <jr.morreale at enoreth.net>

> Is this fork going to stay in sync with gvsig's trunk or is it going its
> own seperate path ? I thought that after last year's talks about differences
> between your OA edition and the official (but not public) tree the situation
> would have improved.

What are you referring to with the "not public" tree?
Benjamin will answer officially, but the CE edition will try to keep the
sync with the official trunk. At now the CE trunk contains a gvSIG 1.9
snapshot (the same of the OADE edition), but will be upgraded soon to gvSIG
1.11, which is the latest release.
A critical moment will be the release of gvSIG 2.0, which will be a deep
refactoring of the core code structure. When it will happen the development
and maintanance forces should be split between the 1.1x series and the
new... I cross my fingers!

giovanni