[Qgis-developer] Qgis 1.7, Mac Os X and pyspatialite

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Thu Jun 23 12:29:45 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Luca Mandolesi <mandoluca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> why pyspatialite module is not included in Qgis 1.7 under mac os x. Pyhton
> modules not installed are very boring for a new user that can't understand
> how to install it.
>
> It's possible to consider a poll where the users requires their own
> favourite modules that could be included by default on qgis: reportlab,
> sqlalchemy, shapely, ecc. ecc. or a plugin to download the python modules
> directly inside qgis?
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> Luca

Perhaps if QGIS embedded its own Python installation such as is done by the
Blender folks. But as long as QGIS is using Python distributions that comes
with the system, I think I would get annoyed and confused if there were two
different versions of a module running around---one of which I did not
install myself.

The Pip package manager makes it easy to install, remove and manage Python
modules:

    http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/index.html

Perhaps you would find it helpful.

-Charlie