[Qgis-developer] How to get a list of parks in the US by state for parks of a certain size?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 24 23:08:28 EDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 03:24 PM, Alex Genadinik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a hiking site and I would like to find a list of parks in
> the US where people can hike.  How could I go about doing that using the
> qgis libraries?
>
> Do I need to download anything or can I just query the api and get results
> back?
>
> Thanks!

1st this is more appropriate for discussion on the qgis-user list.
2nd QGIS is a data viewer and analysis tool not a data source.

You will need to find a data source for your site. I don't actually
think there is any one single source for the information you're looking
for. A good start would be National Parks, State Parks and Public lands
layers. You might also want to look at products offered by SimpleGeo.

Thanks,
Alex