[Qgis-developer] Re: forum.qgis.org

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Jun 28 06:37:47 EDT 2011

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2011, um 12.21:21 schrieb Otto Dassau:
> Am Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:16:04 +0200
>
> schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> > Il giorno mar, 28/06/2011 alle 09.38 +0200, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> > > Good point. I do not like (nobody likes it, I guess) having I do not
> > > know how many IDs to access the various parts of QGIS infrastructure
> > > (wiki, redmine, git, joomla, ...).
> > > Anybody interested in helping to develop a simpler solution?
> >
> > BTW: the registration to the wiki currently AFAIK requires manual
> > intervention. Wouldn't it be better to move the content to redmine
> > integrated wiki, so to have one less piece to maintain, one more login
> > etc.?
> > All the best.
>
> yes, that would make sense. We need to find out, if and how a migration
> could work.

There is only an old migration script, which is not working anymore
(http://www.redmine.org/issues/1224). So migrating MediaWiki 1.15 to the
Redmine Wiki will require some work (from my side e.g.).

Advantages:
-Same (OSGEO)-Login as for bug tracker
-Direct Wiki links from Bug trackers

Disadvantages:
-Different Wiki Syntax
-Some Media wiki features will be missing (Tab menu?, Categories?, HTML
embedding?, What links here?, Maintenance reports?)

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions