[Qgis-developer] Re: python plugin and layer properties window

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jun 29 05:14:50 EDT 2011

Hi Michael

The composer window is not destroyed on close (only if it is deleted
explicitely in the composer manager).

One possible solution would be to add a signal to the composer window class
which is emited in the close event.

Regards,
Marco

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 09.57:32 schrieb Michael Pfeiffer:
> yes the QMainWindow::destroyed() Signal does work but the problem is it is
> only sending the signal when closing QGIS and not when closing the composer
> Window.
> Here is the code for this:
>
> /beforeList = self.iface.activeComposers()
>     comp = self.iface.actionPrintComposer()
>     comp.trigger()
>     afterList = self.iface.activeComposers()
>
>     self.diffList = []
>     for item in afterList:
>        if not item in  beforeList:
>           self.diffList.append(item)
>
>     self.composerView = self.diffList[0]
>     composerWindow = self.composerView.composerWindow()
>     print self.composerView.composerWindow()
>
>     QObject.connect(composerWindow, SIGNAL("destroyed()"), self.test)
>
>     def test(self):
>        print "it works"
> /
>
> So I need a kind of signal which is sent when you close the mapcomposer
> window with the x.
> I know that composerView must be still present after closing the
> mapcomposer window for the composer list.
> But where builts QGIS the UI you need for the mapcomposer window?
> And how can I get it for listening on the close Event?
>
> regards,
>
> Michael

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland