[Qgis-developer] grass provider linking weirdness

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 30 23:18:43 EDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 11:13 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On May 30, 2011, at 10:37 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>>> grassprovider.cpp was linked into both the library and the provider.  Now it's
>>> only in the provider and the provider is also linked to the plugin as it needs
>>> some methods from the provider.
>>>
>>> What's the problem on mac with that?
>>

> the plugin loading code only loads .so files, even on OS X (.so is the standard module extension for OS X), and libraries on OS X are .dylib, so it will not be loaded as a module.

I have a bug report:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3999

and a potential solution.  But I don't know if it's a sure fix.

Is there any way to get the methods that the plugin needs into the qgisgrass library without duplicating what's in the provider?  Is there no other way for the plugin to get those methods?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin