[Qgis-developer] Shapefile: prj vs qpj (CRS info)

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue Mar 1 16:23:00 EST 2011

On 03/01/2011 08:35 PM, John C. Tull wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Has a ticket been filed?
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Benoit wrote:

I checked using QGIS 1.6 on Ubuntu, just one shapefile, after renaming
the *.qpj - leaving only the *.prj - and it behaved as expected. i.e.
the correct CRS was recognized without asking any questions. In the
Options->CRS I have global default set to EPSG:4326, and that was not
used, so QGIS found the correct CRS from the *.prj .

Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918
http://www.surfaces.co.il