[Qgis-developer] Raster providers

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 05:21:43 EST 2011

Hi,
WMS reprojection should be fixed in sense that you get it rendered in
the right place, but quality and even content is not the same like for
not project on the same scale. Of course.

To find the best resolution coefficient is one thing which has to be
done. Higher resolution in WMS request can give you (really gives?)
slightly better image but the content becomes inappropriate. Currently
th QgsRasterReprojector is using just nearest neighbour, another
resampling methods should be considered.

Another issue is, that WMS driver does not automatically switches to
projection requested by QGIS even if it is supported by WMS server.
You have to manually select the right projection when layer is added.

Preferably, the WMS driver should not only to switch to the right
projection, but also automatically
select the most similar projection offered by server if no one exactly
matches. Anybody is aware of an algorithm or ready for use method
doing that?

Raster rendering appeared to be infinite entertainment.

Radim