[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.7 Name

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat Mar 5 16:39:44 EST 2011

Yes folks its our favourite time again - the time when we get to argue
about a name for the release and a topic for the splash. Of course
usual rules apply - if nobody comes up with good suggestions, I'll
just pick something :-) Now I've become kind of partial to the splash
screen in trunk. It includes many people from the developer community,
is aptly shaped as a Q to represent QGIS, and its kinda fun. Also, I
had a great time in Wroclaw. So in honour of our Polish hosts, I want
to suggest we call this release 'Wroclaw' and leave the splash screen
as it is. If those who couldn't make it to the hackfest feel too left
out, we can use a nice aerial picture of Wroclaw assuming our Polish
colleagues are able to dig up something nice for us....

Best regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services