[Qgis-developer] macosx dialog issues

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:02:31 EST 2011

Hi John,

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:40:54 -0800
John C. Tull <jctull at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only problem I had was with Merge Shapefiles. If I tick the 'Select by
> layers in the folder', I cannot choose a folder in the dialog. The Ok button
> never becomes available when trying to select a folder. I can select a
> shapefile and the OK button is available. I might be misunderstanding what
> this option is intended to do. When turning it off, I can select a folder,
> but the tool crashed qgis. This was because my folder had mixed geometry
> types. See output below. I suppose this crash should be avoided somehow.

'Select by layers in the folder' checkbox allow you to select and
merge only some shapes not all available in folder. This can be usefull
when in folder many shapes with different geometries or when you need
only to merge only certain files.

When this checkbox turned off tool will work with whole folder, but note
that there is no geometry checks and output file will have same geometry
as first pocessed file. This behaviour is fixed in separate MergeShapes
plugin from GIS-Lab. I'll port it to fTools soon.

Also there is a ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3077 related to
Merge shapefiles tool crashes

--
Alexander Bruy