[Qgis-developer] Branch status for merge and release timeline proposal

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Mar 7 10:09:29 EST 2011

Hi

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Il giorno lun, 07/03/2011 alle 15.18 +0200, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>>
>>> to doing 1.9.x releases in the run up to September. However I would
>>> rather put the things we are developing into mainstream releases since
>>> (I know some people hate this idea) our users are also our testers.
>>
>> Agreed, even if it is true some people hate us because of this.
>
> Well, microsoft has been always beta-testing software on their
> _paying_ users for more than two decades - and look how successful
> they have been with that strategy :-D

I suggest then if we are unsure, that we leave it out for 1.7 unless
you want to make a renderer2 to go with symbology2 and
labelling2...heheh :-) Only kidding.....

Based on the preceeding discussion I would then suggest we make 1.7
our last stable release before 2 and embark on 1.9.x unstable releases
running up to sept.

Regards

Tim

> Martin