[Qgis-developer] hackfest in Lisbon

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Tue Mar 8 12:28:45 EST 2011

Dear hackers,

As a member of the Orfeo Toolbox "core" development team, I propose to
join you at the next HackFest in Lisbon.

This would be a great occasion to discuss with you about :
- the image processing needs in QGis, and how they can eventually be
fulfilled by OTB.
- the UI / end-user application needs of OTB users, for which we feel
Qgis is a very serious option.

I could show to those interested what we've done with QGis recently, and
will be glad to get some direct feedback.
Also, I know there is currently a huge initiative on raster providers,
and that it's been an idea to have an OTB implementation supporting
streaming, in memory images, etc... .
We did not follow the latest devs very closely, but that would be a good
occasion to exchange ideas, and maybe get my hand on some code around this.

As OTB is primarily a C++ library, I'm also particularly interested in
the C++ plugin functionnalities of Qgis, so if you need some help to add
functionnalities to them, this might also be something I can work on.

Does the idea suit you ?

Regards,
Julien