[Qgis-developer] multiple bugtrackers are bad

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Mar 9 04:28:15 EST 2011

On 03/09/2011 01:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> From:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3558#comment:4
> "Points2One has his own tracker in Launchpad. I've filed this request
> there: https://bugs.launchpad.net/points2one/+bug/730963"
>
> I think having many different bugtrackers for many plugins is very
> confusing, to say the least, for users (not only newbies).
> I suggest to make an effort to converge everything to one.
> Is http://hub.qgis.org/projects production ready?
> Can we move e.g. https://trac.faunalia.it/qgis_plugins/ there?
> Why not moving https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ too?
> All the best.

I think there's actually a logical reason to not move the main qgis
tracker at this time. It's well established where it is and we don't
want people confusing the main core app with the plugins. I'm also well
aware that hosting on our platform is a suggestion (a strong suggestion)
so we should really just lead by example and see if developers like the
idea enough to move, or start a tracker.

Pooling all the plugin tracking to Hub was why I pushed so hard to get
it installed, so yes feel free to start moving stuff over. The only
feature not implemented yet is https login, but I think that will only
take an hour or two if we ask Pirmin.

Thanks,
Alex