[Qgis-developer] Bringing diagrams into labeling-ng

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Mar 14 08:45:04 EDT 2011

Hi Martin

Great. I'm going to commit probably tomorrow evening.

> - does this imply a complete removal of diagram overlay plugin?

At the moment, the diagram overlay plugin has more options (bar diagrams and
the proportional svg symbols). Therefore I'm planning to remove overlay code
and plugin after 1.7 because of backward compatibility.

> - does it make sense to you to remove the "overlays" tab in the
> options dialog? It only allows changing the PAL algorithm, I guess
> barely anyone knows what those options mean (and they don't make any
> difference anyway unless you have a very dense set of label
> candidates)

+1 (going to do this for 1.7)

> - I wonder if it wouldn't better to move QgsDiagramLayerSettings
> instance from QgsVectorLayer to QgsDiagramRendererV2. If I understand
> the code correctly, the diagram layer settings make sense only if
> there exists a diagram renderer, right?

Conceptually, it is the other way round (renderer is a part of the layer
settings). But agreed, there is no need to keep both variables in the vector
layer. Keeping only the settings variable should work too.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland