[Qgis-developer] Fwd: QGIS 1.7 Japanese GUI file new version

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:41:26 EDT 2011

Hi devs!
A bit offtopic but I think it's worth reading - I got the email from our
japanese translator..
FYI

kind regards
Werner

--- snip
Unfortunately we experienced last Friday's earthquake and tsunami disaster.
My room was littered with books and crockery shelf collapses.

Our mappers to make maps of the Japanese disaster situation are using
the QGIS.
Many peoples useing QGIS for make a georeference to aereial photo or
Satellite Photo of disaster area.
And those photo will be use for sharing disaster information in the net.
In this case QGIS is great !!!

http://openstreetmap.jp/crisis/
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2011_Sendai_earthquake_and_tsunami
http://www.sinsai.info/ushahidi/