[Qgis-developer] SpatiaLite very slow with QGIS 1.7

Cline, Royce L. rcline at nd.gov
Wed Mar 16 12:06:22 EDT 2011

A problem I am having with QGIS 1.7 loading old projects I have tracked down to SpatiaLite. QGIS 1.7 was taking over 3 minutes to load a large project and over 12 minutes to quit QGIS.

To test, I created a project with 124 layers from a SpatiaLite database. QGIS 1.6 took 3.9 seconds to import all 124 layers from the database. I then saved the project. QGIS 1.6 will open this project in 4.15 seconds. Quitting QGIS takes less than 1 second. QGIS 1.7 r15108 takes 33.4 seconds to load this project and quitting QGIS takes 2 min. 32.5 sec. With QGIS 1.7 importing the 124 layers into an empty project tool 35.6 seconds. I get similar results with GGIS 1.7-r15490 that I built from trunk. This is on OS X 10.6.5 with QGIS and latest frameworks from KyngChaos.

Any idea what has changed with SpatiaLite between v1.6 and v.1.7? What would cause QGIS to take so long to quit after loading the project?

Royce