[Qgis-developer] Print Composer question & Batch print multiple maps

Jordan Preston archjpres at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 15:15:43 EDT 2011

Hi,
 Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I have a very
detailed map and would like to create say 20 zoomed in maps for print,
say 36" x 48"

  This is an article for arcmap which demonstrates
 similar functionality "HowTo:  Print a large map as panels or tiles
with ArcPress or ArcMap"
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=25292

If
 I were to manually create multiple print composers, I guess I could
potentially use the "multiple compositions helper plugin"  and print all
 of them in one click. How would I ensure that the print composers are
on the same x and y axis? Is there an easy way to copy or clone print
composers?

 Or even better, If I were to deliver a shape file
 with boundaries for each 36"x 48" print , could I use a batch process
and print the map inside each boundary? For Example If I have a list of
neighborhoods, or a shape file with contains a grided boundary, couId I
create an output from each boundary?

I used to do this with an
arcview script where it would select the layer with the boundaries and
clip the map inside the boundary and send to print.

  Thanks,
  -J