[Qgis-developer] GDALTools: clipper does not work well on ECW?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 22 19:54:44 EDT 2011

hi

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> I always see a small shift when I clip rasters with gdaltools,
> regardless of the format.
>
>>  Apparently the tool it does
>> not take into account the correct georeferencing.
>
> Not sure about this, but in my tests the clipped image has the same
> system of the input one.
>
> I used trunk on both linux and windows with the latest gdaltools version
> available.
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --

Speaking of this tool, why not use gdal_translate with srcwin or
projwin parameters rather? Using merge to clip is quite unintuitive.
In my courses we often run into issues where users have more than one
raster layer visible when using the clip tool and then they get a
merge of the two - not at all what they were expecting! The merge tool
is still nice to have (but called 'merge') rather :-).

Just something to think about for the future.

Also any chance to include Frank's hsv_merge.py tool in gdal tools?

Thanks!

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services