[Qgis-developer] String freeze for 1.7.0 in effect

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 22 20:09:32 EDT 2011

Hi All

Please note that string freeze should now be in effect. Werner if you
could update the ts files and get the translators to do their thing
that would be great!

Bug fixing can continue in trunk (but no string changes please),
planned branch for release date remains at 7 April.

We'll aim to get the release announcement out by 13 April so that we
can start the hackfest....developer meeting...with 1.7 behind us....

Release team (Anita & Anne I'm looking at you! :-) and anyone else who
is interested, could you help by turning the whats new list (see Help
-> About -> Whats new?) into a visual changelog with fleshed out
descriptions and lots of nice piccies? It would be nice to take the
screenies all with the same desktop theme for visual consistency. We
can just use wiki formatting as per 1.6.0 release and direct users to
that wiki page on release.

The release checklist on the wiki is up here:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Release_Checklist_1.7

And the visual changelog is here: http://www.qgis.org/wiki/VisualChangeLog1.7.0

Regards

Tim