[Qgis-developer] error during compilation (sip?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Mar 23 15:23:48 EDT 2011

On 03/23/2011 11:37 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 23/03/2011 alle 11.29 -0700, Alex Mandel ha scritto:
>
>> I helped several people with this a few weeks ago. In almost all cases
>> it was due to KDE updates from KDE-Backports. Rolling back all
>> KDE-backports seemed to fix it.
>>
>> There's something about the new version of KDE (4.6?) that gets the sip
>> version out of sync with something else and QGIS doesn't like the combo
>> of them. I don't know the full details.
>
> Thanks I think I got it (I'm waiting for the compilation to finish).
> No backports here (I'm on unstable), but this should be the bug:
> All the best.

Oh sorry I was mixing it up with Maverick/Natty ubuntu users. Though you
are probably running into the same issue since Debian unstable probably
has the same stuff that's in kubuntu's KDE-backports - latest sip & qt.

That bug seems to be on the right track. FYI, this has been seen to
effect Fedora and Suse builds too if people are using really new
versions of sip.

Probably just an issue somewhere in the sip python bindings to qt.
Guess that highlights why "unstable" isn't always suitable for daily
desktop use.

Thanks,
Alex