[Qgis-developer] Re: Value tool plugin makes QGIS crash

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Mar 28 10:17:00 EDT 2011

[cc trimmed]

Hi Radim,

On Mon, 28. Mar 2011 at 15:47:56 +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> That would be possible. Do you mean a cache on driver level? Is it a
> cache used  in QGIS for rendering somewhere at this moment? Is it
> desired? 1000x800x8 = 64MB / layer, 10 layers ~ 0.6GB. What about
> threads (map composer, globe)?

The layer has a cacheImage(), which the map renderer fills if render caching is
enabled.  identify could probably use that - if the data is available in the
raw image at all.

Just a thought. However I wasn't obvious to me however - on a quick look - how
we know the current extent of the cached image.  It might be still worth
exploring.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden