[Qgis-developer] Getting auto re-projection on Standalone QgsMapCanvas

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 29 03:23:34 EDT 2011

Howzit Terence

The c++ version of what you are trying to do is something like (you
need to have already teh myCRSID variable defined):

QgsMapRenderer* myRenderer = mMapCanvas->mapRenderer();
QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem srs( myCRSID,
QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem::InternalCrsId );
myRenderer->setDestinationCrs( srs );\
myRenderer->setMapUnits( QGis::Meters );
myRenderer->setProjectionsEnabled( true );

I'm not a python guru but you can probably replace those :: and -> 's
with '.' and it should mostly work.

Regards

Tim

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Terence Van Zyl <tvzyl at csir.co.za> wrote:
> Hi All, Some help please..
>
> From Python I have created a standalone QgsMapCanvas to which I have added a
> number of layers, one raster and then some vector. Is there a way to get the
> vector layers to auto reproject? If Not then how would we do this manually.
>
> Thanks
>
> Terence
>
> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
> legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
> support.

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux