[Qgis-developer] Two more raster bugs

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Mar 31 02:46:35 EDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> What is your new release schedule considering a possible bugfix session in
> Lisabon? New string freeze just after the hf?

So far I havent changed the schedule - we should probably take a vote
on whether we would like to extend the release time frame or press
ahead with the current schedule. I think this discussion may be buried
in this thread and people may bave missed it. I will post a new
message in its own thread with a proposed updated timeline and
proposing that we spend some / all of the hackfest tidying up 1.7.

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
> Marco
>
> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011, 15.20:11 schrieb Tim Sutton:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Given that 1.7 release will be probably the last one in the 1.x series
>> > it deserves some more polishing. As of now in Trac there are 300+ bugs
>> > and ~300 requests for enhancements. With some effort we could maybe
>> > close up to 100 bug reports during the hackfest.
>> >
>> > That would however require us to shift the release and move the string
>> > freeze to a time after the hackfest (otherwise the string freeze might
>> > be a limiting factor in closing various tickets).
>>
>> Personally I think it would be good to dedicate some or all of the
>> hackfest to polishing too. If we can get Juergen to tell enough funny
>> jokes I don't think it will be too boring :-)
>>
>> I would also propose to allow gui changes during the HF so that we can
>> polish up the raster dialog and various other parts of the UI that
>> need attention.
>>
>> +1 for post Lisbon release.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> > Regards
>> > Martin

> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Churerstr. 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland
> marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net