[Qgis-developer] SAGA Interface

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Mar 31 04:34:56 EDT 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:31:14 -0400, Camilo Polymeris
<cpolymeris at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for your comment. For those reasons and the ones I mentioned in
> the original mail, I think I'll be going the C++ route.

Sorry to insist, but I think this is not a good choice. We already had
experiance with several non-core C++ plugins, some of them extremely
useful, and all of them are essentially unavailable to users. On the other
hand, it is probably unfeasible to add a dependency on SAGA.

 The single
> argument that seems to favour Python is the greater availability of
> coders. Giovanni and Gianluca have responded to this mail saying they
> would work on a Python version. No other C++ coders interested, yet :(

This should mean something, even though it is not the crucial issue.
All the best.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc