[Qgis-developer] Git repo available for testing

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sat May 7 13:18:54 EDT 2011

Le 07/05/2011 18:31, William Kyngesburye a écrit :
> Is this git thing on?  Questions and confusion.
>
> Is there a git guide for dummies?  I found
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Using_Git but it seems overly complex.  I
> just want to do like I've done with svn - check out/update, make
> changes, and commit the changes.  3 steps.  Git checkout itself looks
> complex, let alone committing a change.
>
> ...Sorry if I seem a bit resistant.

Have a look at the help ->
http://help.github.com/

Here is a nice cheatsheet ->
http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/git/git-cheat-sheet-medium.png

> Are users migrated to git?  Or do I need to register with github and
> ask for commit access?

You need to register to github but you don't need to ask for commit
access : the best way of enjoying git is to make your own fork the
trunk, work on it and then push the changes back. It is still possible
to have one repo with everybody writing directly to it but, Tim will
correct me, that's not the choice made at the hackfest.

> How long until 1.7 release?  I would like to do the workaround for
> http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3497 before release, and check over
> the Mac install/build instructions.
>
> On May 2, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> If you are interested in the git migration, you can test and play
>> around with it here:
>>
>> http://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS
>>
>> You can go ahead and fork it and see if everything works ok for
>> you. If we encounter any major issues, we may need to trash and
>> repopulate it so please don't consider it production ready yet. I
>> made detailed notes on the migration for anyone interested here:
>>
>> http://linfiniti.com/2011/05/some-notes-on-the-great-migration-qgis-svn-to-git/

If any git experts notice anything untoward with my procedures please