[Qgis-developer] Git repo available for testing

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sat May 7 13:48:03 EDT 2011

Hi,
I like versioning systems so learning a new one is interesting. The
paradoxal point with this github is as follows:

(+) One of the idea is to let non-core developers contribute (make
commits... in their branch only) in an easy way. I love the github tool
that shows you which branch will merge easily with yours... (well, I
love it when it's green). That's great.
(-) Less experienced developers are not allowed to commit to the trunk
because... they are less experienced; that's OK. But in the meantime,
IMHO they are required to have a better understanding of git than what
is required to commit directly to the main repository.

Still, probably the (+) is bigger than the (-). I saw the same doubts in
teams migrating from cvs to svn, and none of them wish to go back.

Just my 2 cents.
Mayeul