[Qgis-developer] Redmine Migration

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun May 8 19:00:24 EDT 2011

1. A dump of Trac has been moved over. It's in my home dir on the server

2. Talking to Chris he thinks it would be about $50-100/yr to add
qgis.org to the existing SSL certs OSGeo has. This would enable us to
have SSL (https) on any *.qgis.org website for logins and sessions.
The alternative is to do a self-signed certificate which requires users
to click through several screens (depends on browser). Or we can get our
own SSL cert not tied to OSGeo (sounds more complicated to me for 0
savings).

3. I think we need to make a fresh Redmine instance to try importing the
trac migration, and then see if we can move the plugin stuff from hub
into the same instance.

4. Don't forget about creating a script to do a nightly dump of
everything we want backed up. Once such a script is done let me know and
I can modify the OSGeo Bacula instance to run it, pull the files and
cleanup after.

Thanks,
Alex