[Qgis-developer] Qgis standalone app, sip version and API problems under mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 11 10:59:59 EDT 2011

There is some info in the readme about this.  Set PATH and PYTHONPATH so the QGIS stuff can be found.  Though maybe you're doing this already since it does find qgis.core.  The important part is that the QGIS path is at the top of the sys.path list, so python finds the bundled pyqt before any pyqt installed in site-packages.

There should be no need to copy anything to inside QGIS.  site-packages is just another search path for Python to find things.