[Qgis-developer] SAGA Interface

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:55:44 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> What I don't understand is: we'd have the same problems using python.
>>> There are, as far as I know, no Python-saga packages.
>>> Debian's libsaga[2], for instance, does *not* include python bindings.
>>> That means we'd have to compile & ship the python-saga binding
>>> ourselves, anyway. Or am I missing something?
>>
>> This should be solved from the saga side, providing a package for it.
>
> That could be an option, yes. But they haven't done it, and I don't
> know if they would be interested. One of us could step up and offer
> packaging to SAGA, but I am not that experienced in packaging issues
> and distro-related complications.
> The saga wiki suggest using saga_cmd through python, which would need
> no recompilation, but would limit us to non-interactive plugins. Maybe
> that isn't so much of an issue, and would be easier.
Excuse me for replying on such an old mail, but I only noticed this
mail now (you should really have asked this on the debian-gis or saga
developer list): the next debian package will include python support.
In fact you can already get a source package with python-saga support
from my launchpad page:
https://launchpad.net/~johanvdw/+archive/sagacvs