[Qgis-developer] Qgis standalone app, sip version and API problems under mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 11 15:35:41 EDT 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Luca Mandolesi wrote:

> I installed all modules into MacPython not into system python.

That's the problem.  My QGIS is built to use the system Python, so it doesn't see the MacPython site-packages.  QGIS python is not normal python use where a module can be used across different python builds as long as they're the same version (more or less), QGIS includes its own python interpreter, via the Python framework, thus is hardwired to a specific build of Python.

Install your modules in the system site-packages in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy